10 great things that happen when you cut out sugar
1. Your head will hurt less. No more spiking and crashing of blood sugar levels which are a big cause of headaches and migraines. Sugar also increases the severity of the pain.
2. Your blood pressure and LDL cholesterol will head south. Even better still, managing to stay off sugar or the majority of it and you might just stay in the healthy zone, so no more medication.
3. Any anxiety and depression you might have will ease. Most people reach for sweet treats when they are feeling low. Unfortunately this is the worst thing you can do as sugar will make your mood worse.
4. If you suffer regular menstrual cramps then cutting out sugar will definitely help as it will reduce inflammation.
5. Better breath and nicer teeth. Sugar causes tooth decay with rots teeth causing bad breath and frequent trips to the dentist!
6. You will definitely drop weight/fat and look better and your skin and hair will glow.
7. Your risk of diabetes will drop and if you already have type 2, you can actually reverse it so you no longer have it!
8. You will get a better night’s sleep. Sugar can have a stimulant effect so if you are eating chocolate with a cuppa close to bed time then you may find you can't sleep. Even if you do nod off, you will inevitably have to get up during the night to go to the toilet as the body works overtime to clear excess sugar and it's then that you will struggle to get back to sleep.
9. Ladies, if you suffer from UTI's then cutting the sugar will reduce the amount you get. It doesn't necessarily cause them but sugar is what UTI-promoting bacteria feeds on.
10. Less sugar = less brain fog. High sugar intake hampers learning and both long and short term memory.